David C. Chavez
David C. Chavez was born and raised in Belen, New Mexico. He grew up on the family farm with three brothers. Two brothers, Tibo, Jr. and Reggie practice law in Belen, New Mexico. His older brother, Chris, is a general contractor.David's law practice is located in Los Lunas, New Mexico. David has represented injured people for more than 30 years. He has tried cases to jury's and judges throughout the State of New Mexico. He has tried and resolved cases through mediation resulting in recovering millions of dollars on behalf of his injured clients and their families. David has reported appellate cases, which are published. He started in practice with his brothers, Tibo J. Chavez, Jr. and Reggie Chavez who he continues to associate on cases.
David's practice is focused primarily on tragic injury litigation. He has served on a number of boards, committees and task forces locally and throughout New Mexico.
David C. Chavez was born and raised in Belen, New Mexico. He grew up on the family farm with three brothers. Two brothers, Tibo, Jr. and Reggie practice law in Belen, New Mexico. His older brother, Chris, is a general contractor.
- David is married to Renee Antoinette Baca-Chavez who owns and operates Renee Antoinette' s school of dance in Belen. They have four children.
- David's father, the late Judge Tibo J. Chavez started the practice in 1939. He was one of the Thirteenth Judicial District Court Judges in Valencia County; served as New Mexico State Senator for Valencia County; served as State Senate Majority Leader; and Lieutenant Governor for the State of New Mexico. The late Judge Tibo J. Chavez was also a member of the UNM Board of Regents; President of the Museum of New Mexico Board of Regents; Member of the State Police Board and Author of Historic Preservation Legislation.
- David's mother, the late Betty Chavez was described as a walking encyclopedic of New Mexico history. She was raised in Portales, New Mexico. She became immersed in New Mexico history. Betty's love for history and the state of New Mexico was demonstrated by her commitment to various state and local organizations. The late Betty Chavez was a member of the Daughter's of the Confederate as well as the Daughters of the American Revolution.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- New Mexico
- U.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit
- Drake University Law School, Des Moines, Iowa
University of New Mexico School of Law, Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Juris Doctorate - 1983
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New Mexico Bar Association
- American Bar Association, Member
- Colorado Bar Association, Member
- New Mexico Trial Lawyers Association
- Valencia County Bar Association, Past Vice President, 1988 - Present
- New Mexico Young Lawyers Division Bar, Past Board Member
- Young Lawyers Division, trial practice section, Past Liaison